Sunday, February 28, 2010

Looking to the future is kinda scary

Tomorrow I start what I am expecting will be my final semester at uni, so as of July I should be finished and will have my bachelor of tourism and event management degree. I unfortunately am still stuck on deciding what it is that I want to do. Everywhere I look the events positions that are advertised require high levels of proven experience in events which my studies have not provided me with. During the course of my study I have gained lots of theoretical understanding of events and have designed a few for assignments but have never had the opportunity to practice and to gain any experience that I can lean on. I have volunteered for two events but don't think that is enough to say that I have experience as I did not do any of the planning of those events I was merely an event day volunteer and did basic stuff. I am unsure of where to begin looking for jobs and while I know that I will need to have full time work by the time I finish my degree I don't really want to have to just go for any old job that won't use my degree. This sucks. Anyway... that's enough silly talk, I am very excited that I am looking at my last semester as I have really had enough of uni and am looking forward to getting out into the workforce, I guess I'll just keep looking and trying to work out what I'm going to do...if only starting up one's own business wasn't so costly and dangerous!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will be fine. If you have to take an internship, or a graduate position somewhere first. I can help you apply for Govt. jobs too!

    ReplyDelete