Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 1

Well, I am almost finished my first week at my new store and I have finished my first week back at uni for 2010 and it has been a good week. Firstly, work has been good; I was rostered two shifts and got called in for a third for a total of about 18 hours for the week which is excellent. I am enjoying working at Parabanks and have met some nice people, tomorrow will be the test though, I am working from 8-5.30pm on checkout, something which I have not done in a very long time, lets see how my back treats me after that shift. Anyway, uni this week was good too, I only had lectures this week so my days were not too filled up but next week will be full on. I cannot believe how much reading I have to do already, which is precisely what I am going to be doing once I finish this blog.

Almost forgot, update on my weight loss, it has been almost three weeks now and I have lost a total of 4.3kg which is good. I just wish that all the extra protein we are eating wasn't costing so much, for a household of two plus two cats we very rarely spend over $150 on groceries for a fortnight, this time we shopped for a week and it cost us...$250. It's enough to make you want to stop eating. John has lost a total of 5.8kg which is really excellent, I am so glad we are doing this. It's so good that others can see the results of our efforts, it's strange though that neither of us can really see the difference other than that buttons don't gape and belts have to be tightened. I know...hang in there it'll be obvious soon enough but I would just like to see my second chin disappear or something, you know something more encouraging. Anyway...I had better go and do that reading for uni.
Until next time
Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment